Ideas & feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Ruby support

Currently we support Java and PHP. We already added Python support and it will be released very soon.

If you need Ruby support - please vote.

If you need other language support please post "<your language> support" idea.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Mac OS Selenium testing

Providing Selenium testing on Mac OS will be a challenging task. However we are prepared to invest time and money to make it happen.

Since Apple discontinued rack mounted servers (xServe) we found a manufacturer of Mac mini rack adaptors (http://www.mk1manufacturing.com/Computers.html) and now we only need lots of your votes here to start working on connecting Macs to Nerrvana.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Launching tests generated with Selenium IDE with minimal or no modifications.

Once upon a time we received a question if Nerrvana can execute Selenium tests recorded in Selenium IDE. We do not do that but we looked at it and it is possible however will require some time to implement.
        The reason we post it here - we know that Selenium IDE is used by a lot of people and many of them are starting their journey into Selenium world with IDE.

Why not to allow them to run their tests in many browsers and show them how to use frameworks and their power later?

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Mobile Browser Support

In nowadays device landscape, testing for mobile browsers gets more and more essential. Therefore, several mobile browsers of iOS and Android, maybe Windows should be added.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Admin →
          • Different screen resolutions Selenium testing

We have this wild idea to allow not only select browser/version and OS but also a screen resolution. In this case you can have a special subset of Selenium tests walking through your application and making screenshots on different screen resolutions so you can quickly scan to see if any problems. Sort of browsershots.org on Selenium supplements.

You can find a screenshot of proposed UI - http://blog.nerrvana.com/2012/05/15/different-screen-resolutions-selenium-testing/

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Launch tests using command line #nerrvana

The idea was sparked by looking at Heroku deployment process and their command line utility #heroku (http://devcenter.heroku.com/categories/command-line). We thought that it is possible to create a wrapper for Nerrvana’s API in Java which will be supported on all OS allowing to do everything you can do in Nerrvana’s UI or API but from a command line.

One of the command line uses will be described in the following scenario. Imagine you are developing web application on your computer. You made a change and want to test it with Selenium. Most IDE’s these days allow you to execute a…

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Improving validation

This post is about code validation (http://www.nerrvana.com/docs/validation) option in Nerrvana. There are a few ways to improve it, from our point of view.

See picture in our blog (http://blog.nerrvana.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/validation_3.png)

- add a third choice under ‘Option 1’ to run tests only if validation passed – ‘Validate and run if valid only’

- add validation selection for scheduled and/or periodic jobs under ‘Option 2’.

If this feature is important to you or you have other cool ideas about it please post your comment and vote here.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Support BlueDuck SDA (Selenium driver for AutoIt) for integrate Web and Win32 apps in the same script

Support BlueDuck SDA (Selenium driver for AutoIt) for integrate Web and Win32 apps in the same script

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)